11 small apartment design and organization hacks
Apartment living can mean sacrificing space for an ideal location, cheap rent or other amenities. With one bedroom apartments averaging 721 square feet in Los Angeles, 768 in Chicago and 654 in Austin, even the smallest of organizing efforts can make a big difference. To make the most of your small space, we scoured the web for the best organizing hacks this side of the 405.
1. Label your kitchen accessories
2. Use hanging shoe storage bags for cleaning supplies
3. When looking for kitchen storage space, think up and under
4. Blow everyone’s mind and turn a bottle of lotion into a phone charger holder
5. Keep your sharp knives away from your wine bottle openers
6. Find extra shower storage space
7. Use a tension rod to hold spray bottles
8. Put those old beer can tabs to use
9. Hang open chip bags to keep them fresh and save space
10. Hang hair tools inside the bathroom cabinet
11. Organize your water bottles.
Need a space to DIY? Find your ideal spot on RadPad, then get to organizing! Or if you already have a place, start paying your rent online instead of writing paper checks like it’s the 1700s or whenever it was that paper was a thing.