UPDATE: The Android Pay promotion is now closed. More information >
Hey, rent isn’t cheap and sometimes paying it with a credit card makes sense to give your bank account temporary relief. Thanks to our friends at Stripe you can now let your paycheck process and earn some points paying rent in the interim – for free – with Pay with RadPad and Android Pay
That’s right, you can now pay your rent online with a credit card and Android Pay on the RadPad app without your landlord even needing to know. They can get a check on your behalf from RadPad just like they always have. From now through the end of the year you can simply log into Pay with RadPad from an android device, sign up for Android Pay using the credit card of your choice, and schedule your rent payments.
Here’s how to sign up!
- 1. Make sure you have the Android Pay app on your phone. If you don’t have it, download it here.
- 2. Add a credit card from a participating bank to your Android Pay account.
- 3. Open the RadPad App and select Pay My Rent
- 4. Add your landlord’s name and where you’ll send your check
- 5. Pick your charge date and select Android Pay Credit Card
Putting your rent on a credit card can make sense in situations where cash is tight and you need some float money. With no convenience fee, you can also reap the benefits on cash back or credit card rewards. Even if your landlord only wants a check or cash each month, you can have rent automatically taken from your card and have a check mailed to your landlord. Meanwhile, you’re earning points towards the Blue Lagoon in Iceland. Hello!
A credit card can be a smart way to pay rent as long as you know you have the ability to pay it in full every month. You just have to be careful that you’re paying it off each month so you don’t end up paying your credit card company interest on top of your rent payment as this can quickly turn a good idea into a not-so-good idea. Though, as long as you stay ahead of the curve, you can rack up those points on your frequent flyer card to score free tickets to Iceland.
Get started paying rent and earning points now on your Android device with Pay with RadPad.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why don’t I see Android Pay as a payment option?
You will need to have Android Pay on your device and have a valid card loaded onto the account to able to select Android Pay as a payment method.
2. I have Android Pay selected as my payment method, but the last 4 digits are not matching the actual card. What’s going on?
Sometimes Android Pay issues a dynamic virtual card number that we will display instead of your actual card details. You can confirm this virtual card number within your Android Pay account. We do this to help protect your payment details.
3. I had set up Android Pay earlier, but I got charged a fee after updating my credit card information!
To take advantage of the promotion, you must make sure that your payment method is setup through Android Pay by your charge date.
4. I updated my card on the RadPad’s website or on the iOS app but now see a charge.
To take advantage of the promotion, you can only switch credit cards through Android Pay. If you change your card using the iOS app or the website we are not responsible for any fees incurred.